This web site (www.stareast.com.au) is operated by Stareast International Pty Ltd (ABN 81 067 397 059) for and on behalf of itself and its related bodies under the domain name www.stareast.com.au
Telephone: (02) 9792 5988
E: Enquiry Form
Thank you for visiting the Stareast International Pty Ltd web site, and for your interest in our company and our products. We take the protection of your private data and personal information seriously and rely on mutual cooperation. The protection of your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, it goes without saying that we comply with statutory provisions for privacy and data protection and in particular, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles developed thereunder. Our employees are obligated to treat all information confidentially and they receive regular training in the areas of data protection and data security. In the sections below, we briefly explain how we protect your data and personal information and what it means for you when you make use of our online offering.
Stareast International Pty Ltd is committed to compliance with local data protection and privacy legislation in all jurisdictions in which it operates. We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that all information held by Stareast International Pty Ltd is gathered, processed, used, disclosed and disposed of in accordance with such legislation.
Stareast International Pty Ltd recognises the responsibility it has to all its employees, customers and suppliers, to maintain the highest standards of integrity and efficiency when handling personal data. We recognise that applying such standards is important to those whose data we handle, the successful operation of our business and contributes to maintaining confidence in Stareast International Pty Ltd, its practices and procedures. A key building block of personal data protection and privacy legislation is using data relating to employees, customers and suppliers for the purpose or purposes of which they are aware and would reasonably expect. It is this building block which underpins the following principles and commitments to which Stareast International Pty Ltd adheres.
Stareast International Pty Ltd will collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
2. Use and Disclosure
Stareast International Pty Ltd will generally collect personal information for the primary purposes of:
- maintaining customer records;
- supply of goods and services;
- account keeping;
- debt collection;
- locating and/or retrieving Stareast International Pty Ltd equipment and gas containers;
- credit reference checks;
- credit listing
and for the secondary purposes of:
- marketing activities including promotional mail and e-mail;
- marketing planning;
- product development;
- product recalls; and
- customer and market research
A person’s personal information may be disclosed to our agents, distributors, contractors and related entities, to facilitate the primary and secondary purposes mentioned above, or as otherwise required by law. When required by law, this information will be released to the relevant authorities upon proper application.
We are also permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- if you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- if we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- if such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (e.g. responding to a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body; or
- if you have requested a service such as installation or hire of a product and we are required to disclose the information to a contractor in order to perform the service.
All customers will have the opportunity to opt out from receiving marketing material including those sent by email, phone, fax and post.
3. Data Quality
Stareast International Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that information collected on its customers is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If Stareast International Pty Ltd is made aware of an error or change in a person’s personal information, then it will use its reasonable endeavours to correct such errors within 30 days of being notified of the error.
4. Data Security
Stareast International Pty Ltd will ensure that personal information that Stareast International Pty Ltd holds is stored in a secure environment that can only be accessed, modified and disclosed by authorised parties with the knowledge of Stareast International Pty Ltd. You also have a responsibility to protect and keep secret your passwords and account information to ensure data security particularly when you are online.
Stareast International Pty Ltd cannot ensure and warrant that personal information transmitted to it or from its online products and services will not be accessed by an unauthorised person (eg a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur, and users do so at their own risk. However, once such information is received by Stareast International Pty Ltd, it will use every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Stareast International Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which Stareast International Pty Ltd is authorised to use it.
5. Openness, Access and Correction
Upon written request clearly identifying the personal information you seek access to, Stareast International Pty Ltd will provide an individual with access to or advice on the personal information held on that person by Stareast International Pty Ltd. A fee may be charged for providing access, although no fee is payable upon application. If you wish to request access please contact us.
A request for access to personal information will not be allowed when such a request:
- is frivolous or vexatious;
- would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of another person;
- would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any person;
- would prejudice Stareast International Pty Ltd’s legal rights; or
- cannot be complied with having regard to other legal ground
6. Sensitive Information
It is unlikely that Stareast International Pty Ltd will collect any sensitive information about an individual. If however, any sensitive information is required, it will be collected and used in accordance with the applicable law.
7. Trans-border Data Flows
Stareast International Pty Ltd will only transmit personal information to someone in a foreign country if Stareast International Pty Ltd is confident that such transfer can be done within the bounds of the relevant privacy laws.
Stareast International Pty Ltd’s web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Stareast International Pty Ltd encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
10. Other Matters Relevant to Data Protection
a) Access Data
When our Internet pages are called up, Stareast International Pty Ltd receives access data that is stored for protective purposes and aids in identification. This data includes:
- the name of your Internet service provider;
- the country from which you are accessing the site;
- the web site that has directed you to our Internet presence;
- the search term you use, if you come to our site via a search engine;
- the Stareast International Pty Ltd or associated web sites that you visit;
- the user tool (web browser, operating system) you use to access our web site;
- files that you download from our web site (e.g. PDF or Word documents);
- the duration of your visit; and
- the date and the time of your visit.
This data is analysed by Stareast International Pty Ltd so that we can familiarise ourselves with and evaluate user behaviour. We do not make use of personal data in the process.
b) Personal data
c) Passing on personal data to third parties
Stareast International Pty Ltd provides some of its services together with select partners. These partners are subject to the same strict statutory provisions for data protection as we are and are integrated into the data-protection concept of Stareast International Pty Ltd. Personal data is only passed on:
- when processing order-related data, such as for online orders; and
- in individual cases, provided you have given your prior consent.
Additional information – such as voluntary statements about your primary areas of interest – is not passed on to third parties by Stareast International Pty Ltd. Personal data is conveyed to state institutions and authorities only within the scope of statutory or judicial obligations.
Cookies are small text files that are used by many web sites in Australia and throughout the world. Cookies are created during your visit to our web site and are placed on your hard disk by our server. Our cookies contain no information about specific individuals. Moreover, cookies placed by our servers can only be read again by us and not by any external web site. Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to enjoy the advantages of cookies, you can deactivate this function in your browser. You can also view our web site without cookies. However, this may restrict the use of some features.
f) Google Analytics
This web site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the web site analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the web site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this web site for the purpose of evaluating your use of the web site, compiling reports on web site activity for web site operators and providing them other services relating to web site activity and internet usage.
We also employ other services from Google and other third party vendors, such as online remarketing, or advertising that is targeted at previous visitors to our website. When you visit our websites, cookies are stored on your browser that permit Google and other third-party marketing vendors to display our ads when you visit other websites. You can opt out of targeted ads provided through Google by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. For ads provided through other vendors, visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Current as at July, 2017